I came across this delicious Valentine’s Day dessert the other day and just couldn’t resist making it. One of my favourite indulgences are chocolate dipped strawberries, which are so easy to make and go perfectly with this recipe. They’re a fabulous treat for a special occasion, or as a gift for someone and they look and taste divine. This creamy chocolate mousse is the ideal dessert for a special Valentine’s Day dinner. The dark chocolate pairs perfectly with the fresh strawberries and the pomegranate seeds, not only look great as ruby jewels of decoration, they taste so juicy as well. Who can resist a thick, chocolatey dish of happiness. Happy Valentine’s Day!
Ingredients ~ serves 2
85g dark chocolate (70% cocoa solids)
100ml whole milk
90g full-fat Greek yoghurt
1 tbsp maple syrup
1/2 x 80g tub pomegranate seeds
1. Break the chocolate into a heatproof bowl and melt over a small pan of simmering water.
2. Dip each of the strawberries into the melted chocolate and place on non-stick baking paper.
3. Add the milk to the remaining melted chocolate and stir until combined. Remove from the heat and add the yoghurt and maple syrup, stirring until smooth. Pour the mixture into 2 dessert glasses.
4. Put the chocolate mousses and strawberries into the fridge for at least 2 hours to set. (I left mine overnight to set).
5. When the mousses have set, remove from the fridge and decorate with the chocolate covered strawberries and pomegranate seeds. Enjoy!
Sunday Lifestyle is a UK lifestyle, food and travel blog, please do get in touch if you would like to be featured.